Disability Services collaborates with students with documented disabilities and faculty to provide reasonable accommodations, auxiliary aids, and support services that are individualized and based on documentation and a person-to-person interview and assessment of needs. In order to receive accommodations, students complete the following process:
- To begin the process, visit our Forms page to complete and submit an intake form. Also, submit any disability/accommodation documentation that you have and think is appropriate. In the event that you do not have documentation, contact our office to consult with a Disability Services Specialist to discuss next steps. Please visit Housing for additional information if you are seeking housing-related accommodations.
- Participate in an initial intake interview to discuss accommodations.
- Academic accommodations are initiated through Faculty Contact Sheets and are not retroactive.
- It is each student’s responsibility to request and distribute Faculty Contact Sheets to instructors. Students are also responsible for communicating with Disability Services staff for any continuing needs. Appointments can be made to update accommodations at any time.
- Follow Disability Services Grievance Procedures for any concerns.