Due to COVID-19 and the Safe Return to Campus plan we have created the following policies and procedures. Please see the following:
- All students registered with Disability Services who are enrolled in on campus classes will have access to the testing center, by appointment only. Students who are in entirely online classes will be looked at on a case-by-case basis for testing center use and Disability Services will work with the student and professor to ensure accommodations are being met.
- Testing requests must be submitted at least 48 business hours before the exam/quiz is to take place
- Test proctoring forms need to be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in the blue box outside SUB I Room 3313 48 business hours before the exam/quiz
- For pop quizzes professors will need to let us know 24 business hours before the pop quiz is to take place
- There will be no walk-ins due to limited seating, as we are operating at 40% capacity. We recommend that you work with your professor and ensure that the testing form has been submitted
- Bring limited belongings to the testing center, if possible
For more information, please review the Policies and Procedures Addendum (PDF). If you need assistance communicating with your professor please reach out to Disability Services Testing Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 703-993-1708, or email your Disability Services specialist directly.