These changes have been made due to the impacts of COVID-19 and in accordance with the Safe Return to Campus plan. Please see the following:
- Faculty and students will need to make testing arrangements at least 48 business hours prior to the exam/quiz. Pop quizzes require 24 business hour notice from the faculty.
- There will be no walk-ins to the testing center due to limited seating, as we are operating at 40% capacity.
- Professors are expected to provide the extended time accommodation. If you are not available to provide the extended time or reduced distraction environment at the scheduled time of the exam/quiz you will need to reschedule with the student to ensure they have access to all of their testing accommodations.
- Professors are expected to provide a reduced distraction environment. If you are not available to provide the extended time or reduced distraction environment you will need to reschedule with the student to ensure they have access to all of their testing accommodations.
- The Disability Services Testing Center is available for any assistive technology (i.e. CCTV for a paper-based exam; screen readers such as JAWS and RWG for electronic exams; and ZoomText as well for electronic based exams) related accommodations, for students who need a scribe/reader, and other requests on a case by case basis.
- Testing requests will now be done through Clockwork Online Test Booking (link on website). We will still have the test proctoring form through Fall 2020, so if you use this option the form will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in the blue box outside SUB I Room 3313, at least 48 hours before the scheduled time of the exam
We encourage faculty to email exams to email@example.com instead of dropping off a physical copy of the exam when possible. We use the highest quality scanner and will email exams back the same day. Please note that exams will be collected and left in a bin until the end of the day and will be scanned before the close of business. In order to limit interactions and practice social distancing, we will not allow students to drop off/pick up exams.
Due to changes related to COVID-19, more than ever, it will be important to collaborate in order to best assist our students. Flexibility and patience are needed during this time to support students and you as a faculty member. We truly appreciate your cooperation and support.