Welcome to Disability Services
Hours of Operation Update: Disability Services staff is available via phone and email during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our physical office in Student Union Building 1, Suite 2500, will be closed until further notice but we are available virtually. Please contact us via phone or email.
Disability Services – An office of University Life
Promote equal access for students with disabilities in curricular and co-curricular activities within the university experience.
Foster partnerships with students, faculty, and staff to create environments that are accessible, diverse, and inclusive.
Empower students to fully participate in the university community.
- Visit our Interpreting Services Request page for assistance related to Deaf/Hard of Hearing needs, accommodations, and services.
- Visit the Live Remote Captioning Request page for captioning assistance with virtual learning.
- Click Faculty Contact Sheet Request for updated accommodation letters.
- Interested in being a volunteer note-taker? Visit the Volunteer Note-Taker Sign-Up form.
- Interested in our Mason Autism Support Initiative (MASI)? Click here.
- Visit the Core Campus construction project map for the latest updates and accessible routes.
- Visit Disability Services on Social Media! Find us on Facebook and Twitter (@DSGMU).
Response to COVID-19
As the university responds to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, please see resources below for faculty and students related to digital accessibility. If students or faculty have any questions or concerns related to accessibility of a course, they are encouraged to contact our office at 703.993.2474 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Disability Services remains open and available during this time.
Technical Assistance: Information Technology Services
Instructional Continuity: Stearns Center
Blackboard Assistance: ITS Blackboard Instructional Technology
Accessibility Assistance: Assistive Technology Initiative
Give to Disability Services
Click here to donate.
Sign up for the Disability Services Newsletter to receive monthly updates about upcoming events, opportunities, scholarships, and resource highlights.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides individual and group counseling, workshops, and community education programs designed to enhance students’ personal experience and academic performance. Crisis-related resources are also available on the CAPS homepage.
Student Support and Advocacy Center (SSAC) offers students one-on-one support, interactive programming, and on- and off-campus resources related to healthy relationships, stress management, nutrition, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, drug and alcohol use and sexual health.
George Mason University Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) ensures that the health and wellness of Mason’s student body are provided for by the University to the best possible extent.