executive functioning program
Initiated in Fall 2019, the Executive Functioning Program (EFP) is a new program offered through Disability Services. The EFP provides individualized services beyond standard accommodations for students diagnosed with disabilities related to executive functioning skills. Through the program students have access to weekly meetings with a Learning Coach. Learning Coaches are typically graduate students or professionals with experience in a related field.
Each week the Learning Coach will assist with strategies for developing skills in time management, organization, self-advocacy, and independence. When appropriate, the Learning Coach will also connect students to on-campus resources and assists in communication with faculty. Weekly sessions will progressively assist students to foster academic success.
EFP offers two levels of support:
- For students who are entering their first year as an Executive Functioning Program participant
- Weekly meetings with coaches (up to 4 hours weekly)
- Fee: $4,000/academic year
- For students who have completed one full year in Level 1 and are seeking continued support
- Weekly meetings with coaches (up to 2 hours weekly)
- Fee: $3,000/academic year
The application window for the 2022-2023 academic year is now open. The priority due date for new applicants is June 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis after June 1, 2022. EFP staff will contact the student to complete an initial interview. Final EFP decisions will be sent out by Friday, July 1, 2022.
Completed applications must include:
- Executive Functioning Application form (to be completed by the student) PDF
- Documentation of disability
- Copy of letter of acceptance into George Mason University for incoming students
Once a student is accepted into EFP, a $200 deposit is required within 2 weeks to secure their space in the program. The deposit is applied to the overall fee.
If you are unable to access the PDF version of the application, please contact us at EFP@gmu.edu.
After July 1st, if there is still space within the program, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Upcoming EFP Information Sessions
Monday, June 13 – virtual (10:00 AM – 11:00 AM)
Thursday, June 23 – in-person (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM)
Tuesday, July 12 – virtual (2:00 PM – 3:00 PM)
Friday, July 29 – in-person (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
Wednesday, August 10 – virtual (10:00 AM – 11:00 AM)
Sign up for a session here
4400 University Drive, MSN 5C9
Student Union Building 1, Suite 2500
Fairfax, VA 22030
9:00 AM – 5.00 PM
Monday – Friday
Phone: 703 993 2474