executive functioning program
Initiated in Fall 2019, the Executive Functioning Program (EFP) is a new program offered through Disability Services. The EFP provides individualized services beyond standard accommodations for students diagnosed with disabilities related to executive functioning skills. Through the program students have access to weekly meetings with a Learning Coach. Learning Coaches are typically graduate students or professionals with experience in a related field.
Each week the Learning Coach will assist with strategies for developing skills in time management, organization, self-advocacy, and independence. When appropriate, the Learning Coach will also connect students to on-campus resources and facilitate communication with faculty. Weekly sessions will progressively assist students to foster academic success.
EFP offers two levels of support:
- For students who are entering their first year as an Executive Functioning Program participant
- Weekly meetings with coaches (up to 4 hours weekly)
- Fee: $4,000/academic year
- For students who have completed one full year in Level 1 and are seeking continued support
- Weekly meetings with coaches (up to 2 hours weekly)
- Fee: $3,000/academic year
To review Documentation guidelines and the 2020-2021 application, please see the below link and contact Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-2474 with any questions or concerns.
The application window for the 2020-2021 academic year is now closed.